An inflammatory and chronic skin condition called acne which causes spots and pimples on the different part of our body such as face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms.
There are different types of acne including whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, nodules, and pimples.
When the sebaceous glands activate during puberty, acne occurs and can appear at any stage of life. It cannot be count in harmful disease but it leaves spot marks or scars.
Facts about acne
- It is a skin disorder and mainly occurs when pores are blocked with oil, dead skin cells and acne bacteria.
- Its frequency and prevalence depend on hormonal changes.
- It generally affects 3 in every 4 people aged from 11 to 30 years.
- It is not a life-threatening condition but can leave skin scars.
- Factors that lead to acne which include genetics, stress, menstrual cycle, hot and humid climates, oil-based makeup and squeezing pimples.